Habitudes santé
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Un endroit où il fait bon changer ses habitudes une à la fois

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Qu'est-ce que ca fait à ma santé ? 
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand

AuteurMessage
suzanne
Admin
suzanne

The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Empty
MessageSujet: The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand   The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand EmptyJeu 03 Avr 2014, 10:57

The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_121600975

It’s always nice to have a new and interesting variety of groceries available to you when you want to prepare a meal for yourself or your family, but there are certain things I like to always have on hand for those days when I just need to go into the kitchen and whip up something quickly, or for the days I just don’t feel like making what I planned to.
Of course you don’t have to have every single item, pick and choose what you like, but it’s good to have a good idea of core staples:
Produce:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_112285091Spinach
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Celery
  • Kale
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Pears
  • Lemons
  • Green and purple cabbage (for the Probiotic & Enzyme Salad, salads, coleslaw, or wraps. I’m kind of obsessed with it.)
  • Collards (great for wraps!)
  • Avocados
  • Limes
  • Carrots
  • Sprouts
  • Zucchini
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Squash (these and the sweet potatoes last up to a few weeks, so I always keep them around and if I’m in a bind I just bake them for an easy meal)
  • Cucumbers
  • Mushrooms
  • Parsley

Always make sure you have the ingredients necessary for your Glowing Green Smoothie (and feel free to mix in different greens and fruits if you see something that looks interesting, but never use melons in it). You’ll be drinking lots of it, and it’s good to have around in those moments when you’d be tempted to go out and get something less healthy. Drinking your smoothies and munching on raw vegetables will take the edge off your hunger while you prepare your dinner. Buy as much organic as you can, but at least buy the foods in the Dirty Dozen organic.
Spices, Herbs, Etc, for Extra Flavor:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_146822951Cumin
  • Turmeric
  • Coriander
  • Curry
  • Paprika
  • Chili powder
  • Cayenne
  • Black pepper
  • High-quality sea salt
  • Garlic
  • Raw apple cider vinegar (just buy a bottle and it will last for ages)
  • Unrefined coconut oil
  • Salsa
  • Cilantro
  • Sage
  • Thyme
  • Low-sodium tamari
  • Nutritional yeast (a great source of B vitamins and it gives foods a cheesy flavor without dairy!)
  • Vegetable broth
  • Stevia (powdered, liquid, or both)
  • Ginger
  • Maple syrup or coconut nectar

It’s amazing what you can do with a well-stocked spice cabinet and some fresh herbs on hand! No matter what kind of dish or good desserts you’re craving, if you have a collection of spices and other items to flavor your food with, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to take care of any craving in a healthy, low-fat way (no need to order in and get a meal full of grease!).
When sweet cravings hit, you can make Chia Seed pudding with your stevia or coconut nectar, plus cacao and almond milk. Yum!
Nuts and Seeds:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_114581947Sunflower seeds
  • Sesame seeds
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Walnuts
  • Almonds
  • Chia seeds
  • Flaxseeds
  • Pecans

You don’t need all these nuts, but it’s nice to have a variety. You can store them in your freezer.
There’s so much you can do with seeds and nuts, and all it takes is a little bit to fill you up. You can pulverize sunflower seeds with mushrooms (or walnuts, as in my Raw Gorilla Tacos and Raw Taco Mexican Salad mixture) and spices to make a meat mixture, sprinkle pumpkin seeds on a salad to give it some crunch without croutons, or add chia seeds and water together to create an egg substitute in a dish you’re making. A small amount of these Beauty Fats are all you need to give you glowing, supple skin.
Grains, Bread, and Legumes:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_132882140Quinoa
  • Millet
  • Oat groats or steel-cut oats
  • Lentils
  • Brown rice
  • Buckwheat
  • Gluten-free bread/wraps

I love that you can buy a lot of grains and legumes in bulk at some stores. It’s such a better deal, and then you’re all set for a while. You can use them as fillers in wraps, put them on salads, toss them with veggies  in a pan, or, in the case of the oat groats or steel-cut oats, make a hearty dish after your GGS, if you are transitioning or get up really early and want something to chew, that will carry you through lunchtime. Buckwheat is good in smoothies or pancakes, and gluten-free bread is always good for slapping a sandwich together when you only have a few minutes before you need to leave the house (or if you need to hurry up and pack something to take with you).
Snacks, Foods You May Crave, and Energy Boosters:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_138704423-200x300Cacao powder (for Happy Cow Vegan Hot Chocolate and desserts)
  • Bee pollen
  • Spirulina powder
  • Dark chocolate bars (dairy-free)
  • Gluten free crackers, like Mary’s Gone Crackers

These are a few of the extras you can keep around for cravings, energy, sweets (chocolate, anyone?), or days when you think your nutrition could use a little more of a boost (especially in the case of spirulina—mix some with coconut water to help get through the day). I love bee pollen mixed with a tiny bit of coconut oil when I want a little boost. It’s super-nutritious and increases energy, sans caffeine. It doesn’t hurt that it tastes good, too.
Dairy, Egg, and Meat Substitutes:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_135490709-300x210Coconut milk
  • Almond milk
  • Tempeh
  • Ener-G Egg Replacer

If you feel like your life revolves around meat, dairy, and eggs and you’re not sure how you’ll survive without them (or even with less of them!), take comfort in the fact that there are so many ways around those cravings. Not only can you make your own meat substitutes with seeds, nuts, vegetables, and spices, but tempeh also works for a meaty texture in your foods. Of course, Portobello mushrooms are also a great add.
Goat cheese can still be somewhat clogging and acidic to the body, so it’s best to only have it in moderation, but it’s still better than regular cheese. Switching to the Beauty Detox lifestyle won’t feel like you’re giving up much at all. There are substitutes for the things you love, and you’ll feel so much better when you get rid of most, if not all animal products in your diet.
Drinks:

• The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand Shutterstock_106732814-200x300Coconut water (not from concentrate!)
  • Sodas flavored with stevia (Zevia, Blue Sky Free, etc) if you’re just starting out and fear giving up soda may be your downfall
  • Organic herbal teas (no caffeine)

If you pretty much drink plain water or water with lemon all the time, this category may not apply to you. If you’re just starting out, you may find that you really enjoy those sodas that replace your high-fructose corn syrup or aspartame disasters for a while. You shouldn’t drink them forever, but they’re a step in the right direction. Another tip: coconut water is great to mix with spirulina powder to make the spirulina go down more easily than it would in plain water.
Of course, there are other items you’ll need if you really want to experiment with a lot of the Beauty Detox recipes, so fill in the gaps where you can when you’re doing your meal planning and grocery shopping. Don’t feel like you have to buy all of these at one time, either. For example, buy some of your favorite spices and they’ll last for a long time. Each time you go to the store, pick up one or two more. Decide which produce you’ll need for the next few days and only buy that since it will go bad, then replace those necessities on your next trip (always make sure you’re all stocked up on your leafy greens!).  Also, take a peek into my freezer for “emergency” items I always keep on hand!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Ultimate Grocery Shopping List: Foods You Should Always Have on Hand
Page 1 sur 1